Thursday, February 8, 2018

Nature Themed Masculine Cards with Ribbon

Hello, Friends!  A lot of us struggle when it comes to making masculine cards, especially when we try to add ribbon.  Today, I have a pair of nature themed masculine cards with ribbon to share that I hope will give you some ideas you can use when making your own masculine cards.


I found this paper stack at Tuesday Morning.  It's an older collection from Paper House, but I love the botanical images  and green hues.  Happily, the papers worked really well with the 5/8" Bud Green Taffeta Ribbon from the February Ribbon Club Assortment.


I used my Zutter Bow it All Tool to tie this double loop bow.  Then I topped it with a loopy Gold Metallic String Bow and a vintage button from my stash.  Natural Burlap String is wrapped around the base of the card and knotted through the Tim Holtz Word Band. I love the texture that the ribbon, burlap string, metal charm, button and foiled paper add to this card design.


I decorated the inside with more paper layers, and added a little pocket, too.


This card combines masculine papers with metal gears, burlap string and a 5/8" Moss/Cream Gingham Bow.


And here's a peek at the inside.  Simple, but just right for most guys, I think.  

I hope I've shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures.  If so, I'd love to hear from you in the comment section below.

Cheerio,
kathy

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say