Saturday, September 17, 2016

Organza Bow for a Sweet Baby Girl Card

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  It's Kathy here with a little ribbon inspiration for you today.  I had a hankering to take a break from fall/Halloween projects and make a sweet little baby girl card with my G45 Precious Memories papers.  Why?  Who knows?  The idea just popped into my head, and who am I to argue with the muse?  I'm glad I listened, because this card was really fun to make. 

I wanted to keep everything about this card soft and sweet and light and airy...even the ribbon and trim.

So I opted for this gorgeous double layer bow tied with 7/8" White Organza topped with Ivory Burlap String.  It makes me think of angel wings.



To add a little more soft texture, I ran a row of Debra Natural Crochet Lace above and below the belly band, as well as along the border at the bottom of the card.


I also dressed up my little safety pin embellishment by tying it with a bit of the same crochet lace trim.

Inside, there's a little gift card pocket.


And a large pocket with a tag that I topped with more Ivory burlap string.



If you haven't worked with organza in a while, you might want to add some to your stash.  It ties beautiful bows, especially when you use  the Zutter Bow-it-All Tool.

Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheerio,
kathy

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say