Sunday, November 2, 2014

One Last Halloween Card


Hi there crafty peeps! This is my first post as part of the Really Reasonable Ribbon DT and I am so EXCITED! I know most of you are very much "over" Halloween at this point, but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so it brings a small tear to my eye every year when it is over. I just had to make one more card with a new stamp I picked up and some of the wonderful ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I water colored the stamp from Northwoods with my Tombow markers.  I matted it with black glitter cardstock and then orange cardstock embossed with fall leaves.  There is a little glitter on the pumpkins for some added sparkle.

 
I used several ribbon layers for the bow on my card.  I used 1.5" Black Netting for the base layer.  I wrapped this around to the back and taped the ends in place.  I then layered Black Plaid Ribbon in the 5/8" size on top.  This was wrapped and taped in place as well.  I then created a double layer bow with the same ribbon and my Bow it All tool.  I hot glued this on top of the ribbon border.  I finished it with a black button tied with a bow of Orange Burlap string.


Here is a side view of the bow.  Aren't the layers fantastic?!


The  ribbons I used are so versatile.  They can be used for any card or or project, not just for a Halloween themed card.  They really add the perfect touch of elegance, and the Bow it All tool makes "show-stopper bows" every time I use it.  I hope you enjoyed my first project.  Have a wonderful crafty day!

5 comments :

  1. Amber, you can share this gorgeous card with me any time! I love the ribbons you chose...some of my favorites!! As always, your composition is perfection! So happy to be on the team with you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous ribbon on a Beautiful card!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous image and card and what an amazing bow! Great work and I'm sure the DT will love having you on board when you make such brilliant cards! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful card! I am with you on Halloween. My friend rips down her decorations the day after the holiday. I personally will go kicking and screaming to Christmas dacore. I think i will leave Halloween up until Christmas. LOL

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say