Friday, May 16, 2014

Patriotic Americana Frame Tutorial


Hey there Paper Peeps! I'm here today to share a great tutorial on how I created this Vintage Americana Frame:


I started with a purchased frame.  I really like that the sections were deep so I could add goodies. I went ahead and added patterned paper to the background and inked the edges.


Then add a few strips of patterned paper to two of the sections.


Next add two paper rosettes and a tiny wooden spool with flag images and a dimensional star pick.


Now top off the rosettes with patriotic images and buttons with string.


Center cute little black and white image and add inked glittery photo corners.


Additional images for the bottom right corner.


Another dimensional star pick and black and white image.


Last but not least.....add a big poofy bow of Center Stitch Burlap and a USA banner with Cherry Baker's Twine.


This is a great little frame to hang or set on a shelf to add to your seasonal decor. I've already got mine displayed lol...but then again I am really into Americana : ) Wishing you all a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : ) Huggs from Ginny.

4 comments :

  1. THUD!!!! Holy fireworks Ginny!!! This is AWESOMENESS!!!! OMGosh, I am totally inspired to make something half this gorg for some Americana home décor! I am in love with every detail. YOU are SO talented girl!!! Wow. That is all. Just. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the hook! Ginny has my address.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny wow! I love this project and the way you showed how it went together I love that there is so much to look at but it's not over done you really hit this one out of the park! The burlap stitched bow is just the right touch for this project ove it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial and project, really pretty. Love your great photography and all those layers going on. Just super!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say