Saturday, May 3, 2014

Altered Wood Blocks









Well how are you today?   We are knee deep in laying flooring...house is in shambles but I popped in to share a couple of altered wood blocks I created using RRR ribbons.  I cut them from scrap, painted and aged them up.   I then covered the edges with papers and white wide crochet lace and May Arts burlap ribbon with center stitch in green.   Other ribbons include seam bindings in baby pink and green.   From there it was all about adding fun little touches...the first is a gardening theme.....all in greens and stamps from PTI...the other, all about home.    I used snippets of vintage laces, a bingo card, and wood knobs as well to add unique touches.  Lots of flowers and buttons were used as well.  I think these would make great Mother's Day gifts.....creating your own theme.   Hope you enjoy!   Thanks for letting me share!   Cherry

2 comments :

  1. I really like these a great way to up cycle scrap pieces of wood

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are SO gorgeous Cherry! I think they'd make fabulous Mother's Day gifts for sure!!! Super inspiring!! tfs and I hope your flooring journey is coming along well!!! :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say