Friday, March 21, 2014

Sweet Spring Happy Birthday Card

RIbbon March 21 04

Sweet Spring Happy Birthday Card for RRR

Hello all you lovers of fabulous ribbon! I'm popping in today to share a sweet spring birthday card for Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I have a confession to make: I love polka dots! There's something about them that just makes me feel happy! So when I found the yummy Organza Polka Dot Ribbon Assortment I knew I had to have it.

https://www.reasonableribbon.com/item_images/asstdostorganza2_2009.jpg

It's like a happy little spring rainbow!
I used the light pink in this card:

RIbbon March 21 01

It's the perfect touch on that bitty envelope and tag. This cutaway card features images from the G45 Botanical Tea collection. These springtime colors are a balm to the winter weary soul! I created a 7" x 5" top opening cutaway card from robin's egg blue cardstock, topped it with a pretty Spellbinder's die cut and arranged a little collage. I love the ribbon border on the bottom of the card! I used the blue/lavender butterfly grosgrain ribbon from this month's Ribbon Club Assortment.


Monthly Ribbon Club, Domestic



RIbbon March 21 02


I secured it to the inside panel of the card using Scor-Tape. This is a very simple card design, and the ribbon adds just the right touch.


RIbbon March 21 03


The fun thing about adding ribbon to the bottom of a cutaway card is that you get double duty from it. When you open the card...


RIbbon March 21 05


It's on the inside! I added another little bit to the top of the stamped sentiment. And I love this saying for a birthday card. When my Great-Grandmother died, we found a whole cedar chest full of "nice sheets," nightgowns, and hosiery that had never been worn. She was keeping them for a special occasion. I'm convinced that every day we're alive is a special occasion, so we might as well use up the "good stuff."


Thanks for stopping by. I hope I managed to introduce you to some beautiful ribbons and fun ways to use them. If so, then I'm happy right down to the tips of my crafty little fingers!

Cheerio,

kathy

PS: Don't forget about the RRR Design team call! You still have time to apply! Details can be found HERE.

3 comments :

  1. GORGEOUS card! I LOVE the Spellbinders dies you used and the fabulous details are just amazing! Beautiful design! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherrie! I'm so glad you enjoyed the card! I hope you'll give it a try. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Spring card I do love the ribbon on the bottom love all the papers and the many embellishments you used great job!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say