Saturday, March 22, 2014

Masculine Birthday Card with a Touch of Ribbon and String


Masculine cards... hmmmmm.....

Hi ribbon lovers.  Today I have a masculine birthday card with a touch of ribbon and burlap string from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I was looking over my card stash the other day and realized I'm very short on cards for men.  That makes sense because they are just so hard for me to make!

I whipped this one up for my son's birthday last week and I feel like it was a success.  I have trouble keeping things 'simple' which is key to creating a masculine card. 

I hope he liked it.  I know he loved the chocolate chip cookies that arrived with it!


I went with minimal layers and a fun manly design paper that had a little distressed look.


I added three ribbon 'flags' below the sentiment with 5/8" Diamond Satin and I wrapped some Natural Burlap String around the lower portion of the card and topped it with a brown button.  I think it works.


Here is a peek at the inside sentiment.  Done!



The great thing about masculine cards is they are fast and easy - if you can give yourself permission to just call it done.  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Bonnie ~

Supplies:
Stamps: TLC Creations digi stamps
Paper: design paper from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Other: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, Labels 10 and Labels 21, Button


2 comments :

  1. Love this card I'm always looking for masculine cards this one is great thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! I have such a time trying to make a masculine card--yours is a real inspiration! Totally fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say