Friday, March 14, 2014

Heartfelt Sentiment

For our RRR March Blog Hop, click HERE.

Good morning fellow ribbon lovers!  Today it is once again my turn to inspire you to make something from all the pretty ribbons and trims that you can purchase at Really Reasonable Ribbon.
 
I myself was inspired by our own uber-talented Kathy on this one.  I needed a little something extra at the bottom of one of my layers and I just loved the way Kathy added those sweet banners to her card for our blog hop, so I cased her on this one!  Thanks for the inspiration Kathy!
Here's an overall view of what my card looks like:
 And now for the details.  First up is a close-up shot of the banner ribbons made using Coral Rose Shimmer Satin, Turquoise Shimmer Satin, Rose Pink Diamond Satin and White Diamond Satin at the bottom of one of my layers, which is topped off with a bit of Allison White Crochet Lace.
 
 
The next detail I want to show you is the mock flower I made using 1.5" Pink Netting.  This started out being a triple loop bow that I made using my Bow it All Tool from Zutter.  But I decided that I didn't want two bows on my card so I fluffed up the loops, spread them out and added a pretty button to the center which I threaded with a little Iridescent White Metallic String. 
 
 
And finally, I want to show you the heart that I made.  I used my Cricut to cut out a heart out of patterened paper and 2 background layers.  Then around the scalloped layer, I added some 1/4" White Crochet Lace, which I secured using Scor-Tape.  Then I used my sewing machine to ruffle the edges of some 1.5" Pink Wrinkled Ribbon.  I didn't space my ruffles evenly because I wanted to give it a shabby feel.
 I topped the whole thing off with a pretty bow made with Rose Pink Diamond Satin and some WOC Flowers.
Also, in case you're interested, the paper pad I used is The Primrose from DCWV and the stamp is from Tim Holtz.  
 
I hope you enjoyed this little tour of my latest card and I hope you will join us again tomorrow for our newest challenge!

2 comments :

  1. Absolutely beautiful. Love how you did around the heart.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say