Monday, March 31, 2014

Fancy Folds Card with a Fun Gathered Ribbon Accent

Hi there everyone.  
Bonnie here from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Imagine my surprise when I clicked over to the RRR Blog today to see the post and realized it was my assigned day to post!!  WHO did that??  Oh yeah, I'm the one that schedules the posts. [sigh...]

I'm sharing a card today that I made a while back and it never made the blog.  Then at the end, I'll share a little of what has been taking up all my free time for the last month or so.


I really love making 'action' cards - cards with lots of folds, or pop-ups.  They are really not that hard to do and the recipient is usually quite impressed.  :)

This card is very nicely embellished with Jade Diamond Satin in two gathered rows.  What a great look and it's so easy.  Just lay down a strip of 1/2" Scor-Tape and start pressing the 5/8" ribbon on to the tape while gathering it.  Easy-peasy and that Scor-Tape holds like crazy.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what is my excuse for being unprepared today.  
Welllll.............

We are remodeling our kitchen!!!
[finally!]

Hurray and groan all at the same time!!  Hooray will be for when it's done, but in the meantime it's like camping in your own home!
I have been without a functioning kitchen for a month now, but we are getting close to the end.....!!
The photos below are of the finished kitchen/dining area floor.  Hubby and I installed it.  It's pre-finished Hickory flooring.  We are doing much of the work ourselves.  (And by ourselves I really mean hubby is doing it and I'm supervising - I actually helped lay out the floor though!)

Our wall oven is now installed in a cabinet in the opening in the stone in the top photo.  It looks real purrrty too!

The hole with insulation on the wall is going to be a window [someday...]

So these photos were taken about a week and a half ago.  The cabinets are now all installed and most of the appliances.  The granite countertop is scheduled to be installed this week and then the sink.  The wonderful, glorious kitchen sink.  I never truly appreciated my kitchen sink until it was gone!  Ladies, hug your kitchen sink today and tell it you wouldn't want to live without it.  It's the truth!!  :)

I'll update with more kitchen photos on my next post.  The cabinets are just  gorjuss!!

Thanks for stopping by today!

~ Bonnie ~

Supplies:
Ribbon:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stamps:  Rosetta from PSA Essentials, sentiment from Quietfire Designs
Dies:  Spellbinder Shapeabilites Blossom Tags and Accents
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart
Paper:  DCWV and Recollections
Ink: Ancient Page Stone Gray and Marvy Matchables Caribbean Blue
Other:  Scor-Tape, Scor-Buddy and Bow Easy Tool




5 comments :

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the gathered ribbon. I'll be looking forward to seeing your new kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful card, you made here. I too am always into finsing new folds for my cards, as people always apreciate them soo much more it seems.
    I really feel with you about your kitchen, I still remember, how it´s like, even it´s 15 years ago this summer, and we actualy could use an update again, but I admit, I really dread to go for it, as I still remember, how awful it was, while it lasted, so I really feel with you these days, that´s for sure ha ha ha ha. But I look forward to see some pics of the finioshed work, when it´s all done, as I´m sure, it´ll be amazing, when it´s all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card!!! the design is great and colors are perfect!! RRR looks good too...smile

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these colors, Bonnie! And I agree, interactive cards are always so much fun. This one is really lovely with that easy peasy ribbon! Your kitchen is looking wonderful! Getting the sink back will make life so much easier. I remember when we redid our kitchen. Who knew you used the sink that many times a day? LOL Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love your card! I hope things go quicker with your remodel it must be a pain but I'm sure in the end it will be worth it well I must leave now and go hug my kitchen appliances lol!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say