Friday, March 7, 2014

By The Sea Mini Album

 
Hello there Paper Peeps.....I'm dropping in to share a mini album I created with lots of fabulous trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon and By the Sea Paper from Graphic 45. It also has pics of a chubby bald happy baby.....who is going to be 15 this week. So as you can image, I've had the pictures awhile waiting for just the right paper and trim : )
We collected these starfish on our vacation to Daytona Beach where we took the pictures. Using them on the cover was a nice way to add mementos from our trip.  As you can see there is loads of trims on the rings: Brown Plaid Ribbon, Capri Blue Diamond Satin, and Turftan Brown Checkerboard Satin. I also added some pretty little silvery seahorse charms.
There's some tropical themed flowers, painted and inked chipboard embellishments, dimensional resin seashells, and trimmed elements from the By The Sea paper.
As you can see...I've layered elebenty hundred patterns....but all nicely separated by navy cardstock. I wanted to add extra tags for pics and journaling....so I created smaller pocket pages. I am loving the stamp banner held with Tim Holtz metal clips.
These paper rosettes make the book a little bulky so I used really large binder rings.
As promised, lots of pics of happy chubby bald baby : )
I added tags on the edges of the pages quite easily by attaching them between the paper layers. Isn't that giant blue tropical fish cut out fabulous???? Shhhh don't tell...it's hiding a scratch on the picture.
I covered chipboard to make the base for the book....to support the weight of all the heavy embellishments.  This is truly a chunky album!
I was lucky to have some nautical resin bits and pieces like this ships wheel....I think they make great details. I also used many trimmed pieces to bring the paper patterns onto the pictures.
Okay...I know that was a lot of pictures.....but I had so much fun reminiscing about our fun trip....that I  made the book with lots of pages.
I hope you all enjoy a happy and productive day and find some time to be creative : ) G

3 comments :

  1. Stunning album! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can an album be both elegant and fun, well this one is I love graphic 45 papers always perfect for the job great album and the cover is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say